Khan vs Garcia weigh in result

Amir "KING" Khan vs Danny "SWIFT" Garcia full fight video replay will be embedded on this site after the schedule fight on Saturday July 14,2012. Stay tuned!!



AMIR KHAN VOWS TO KO DANNY GARCIA

Newly reinstated WBA super lightweight champion Amir Khan (28-2-1, 18 KO’s)has vowed to knock out WBC champion Danny Garcia (23-0, 14 KO’) when they face off in a unification title fight at the Mandalay Bay Events Center on Sunday, Manila Time.
The fight will be telecast on the popular weekly boxing show “Big Time Bakbakan” over AKTV IBC 13 at 12:00 noon.
In their final pre-fight press conference Khan said in no uncertain terms, “I will knock Danny Garcia out. I will take the world titles home. I know Danny didn’t train as hard as me. I promise I will knock him out. I’m gonna hurt him.”
Turning to Garcia’s father and trainer Angel Garcia who has belittled Khan at every turn, Britain’s 2000 Athens Olympic silver medalist said “I cannot wait until after the fight when we stand here and I have knocked your son out.”
Garcia responded in equally forceful fashion. He said “My Dad talked shit 23 times and I backed it up 23 times. I am 23-0. Come Saturday he will have talked shit 24 times and I am going to back it up for the 24th time.”
Khan’s celebrated Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach joined the verbal joust saying “ Danny, I wish you luck, but I’m not so sure about your dad.”
For his part Angel Garcia said “This fight is going to how the world who is the boss. Danny is the boss. Khan has never faced a Latino like Danny.”
Garcia is an American of Puerto Rican heritage and won the title with a twelve round unanimous decision over ageing Mexican warrior Erik “El Terrible” Morales last March 24.
Khan I coming off a hugely controversial split decision loss to Lamont Peterson in his hometown of Washington DC last December 10. Peterson subsequently tested positive for a banned substance and Khan was given a lift when the WBA reinstated him as super champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment